Save More Money on Electricity Rates in Columbus, Ohio.
The best 24 month plan that you can find in the AEP service area of Columbus must have several important factors.
- Low kWh – The kilowatts per hour rate from the supplier. This is the most basic part of finding a great Ohio electricity plan, but it’s not the only factor.
- Cancellation fees – Most companies charge a cancellation fee if you leave your contract early, but that fee should be reasonable and not so high that you’ll end up paying for 2 plans if you move or decide to change providers.
- If you’re choosing a 24 month plan, you want the rates to be stable. Variable rates can fall or spike without warning, making it very hard to budget your power bill.
Public Power 24-Month Fixed Plan
In the Columbus area, the best 24-month plan is the Public Power 24 Month Fixed Plan. More than simply a 24-month plan, it offers a great rate, stable pricing and easy terms.
- Low electricity rate – At just 6.3¢ per kWh, the Public Power 24-Month Fixed Plan is easy on the wallet.
- Long-term predictability – While the temptation may be to look for a 6-month plan and hope that rates go down, it can be really nice to know how much you’re going to pay for electricity for 2 years. If, for example, we have a hot summer, electricity rates might spike just as you’re attempting to pick a new plan. With air conditioners running and lots of electricity in use, rates can jump in summer.
- No cancellation fee – While most of us don’t enter into a contract to leave it early, sometimes circumstances make it inevitable. Not having a cancellation fee can save $50 to $200.
How long should I commit to this relationship?
It might seem like 24 months is a long time, but most of us, even renters, will stay in a single place for at least that long. Committing to 6 month rates isn’t always the best choice. When Columbus is in the midst of a heat wave and homeowners’ AC units are humming with electricity, that drives up Ohio electricity rates fast! If your 6-month contract ends in July or August, you might find yourself signing a new contract when AEP’s electricity rates are through the roof. It’s a simple matter of supply and demand.
This Public Power 24 Month Fixed Plan, on the other hand, is a great choice. It’s predictable, has no cancellation fee, and is supplied by a great company that has a history of great customer service.
Check out the other great Ohio electricity plans and rates at https://www.ohenergyratings.com/electricity-rates