How do I save money on my AEP Ohio electric bill in Columbus?
Heading into cooler months means cranking the heat and watching energy bills rise. But you don’t have to endure high energy prices when it’s so easy to compare Ohio electricity rates and save! In Columbus, you have great options for 12-month electric plans that can save you money and lock-in a low rate for the year.
What are the 5 best 12-month electric plans in Columbus?
- LifeEnergy SimpleLife 12: This plan offers an affordable rate of 6.8 cents per kWh, 15% lower than more expensive competitors. At this price, consumers can expect to pay about $60.86 per month for electricity. The supplier charges an expensive cancellation fee of $149, so be sure you’re ready to commit to this plan when you sign up.
- Public Power 12-month Fixed: While this plan matches the 6.8 cents per kWh electric rate of its competitor, it doesn’t charge a cancellation fee. That means customers who choose this plan lock in a low rate but are free to switch energy suppliers at any time with no penalty. The average household will spend about $60.86 per month for electricity with this plan.
- North American Power 12-month Fixed: With a rate of 6.6 cents per kWh, North American Power has an edge on the above competitors. The cheap rate may save money, but the cancellation fee of $10 per month remaining in your contract could cost you up to $120 if choose a new electric supplier during your term. Customers can expect electric bills to average $59.07 per month with this plan.
- Constellation 12-month Green Home Power Plan: This plan offers customers a steep drop in electric rate compared to the previous three options. At 6.0 cents per kWh, your electricity bill will come to about $53.70 per month. Although the supplier charges a $25 cancellation fee, the plan is supplied by 100% wind power, a significant incentive for consumers looking for affordable green energy in Ohio.
- Direct Energy Live Brighter 12: With no cancellation fee and the cheapest electric rate of the bunch, Direct Energy is the supplier to beat for best electric plan in Columbus. Unfortunately, the low rate is only available to new customers (customers with no Direct Energy contract in the previous 90 days). The cheap rate of 5.9 cents per kWh results in electric bills around $52.80 per month.
How can I lower my electric bill in Columbus with Ohio Energy Ratings?
Saving money on your electric bill with Ohio Energy Ratings is simple and fast. Just visit the site, enter your zip code, and start comparing cheap electric rates. When you compare electric plans apples-to-apples, finding the best plan is foolproof. You don’t have to worry that you’re missing out on a great electric rate when everything you need to compare and save is all in one place.
Visit Ohio Energy Ratings today to save: https://www.ohenergyratings.com/electricity-rates.