What People Are Asking About IDT Energy
Ohio electricity deregulation, and Retail Electricity Providers can be complicated.
To answer your frequently asked questions about IDT Energy read on.
What if I'm interested in buying IDT Energy's energy plans?
We currently do not offer any IDT Energy plans at this time.
Other popular plans you can try instead are Frontier Utilities's OH Frontier Online Premier-12 starting at 7¢/kWh or Energy Harbor's Safe Harbor 18 starting at 7.3¢/kWh just to name a few!
What companies are similar to IDT Energy?
Some companies that are like IDT Energy in price range and user ratings are Frontier Utilities and Energy Harbor.
Here is an overview of these two:
- Average Plan Rate: 9.6¢/kWh
- Plan Types: Fixed Rate
- Cheapest 12 Month Plan Fixed: -
- Cheapest 24 Month Plan Fixed: Safe Harbor 24 7.3¢/kWh
- Average User Rating: 4.5/5.0
Is IDT Energy good?
- IDT Energy has a customer rating of 1.9/5.0 stars (this is out of 13 reviews). This score is calculated by averaging the total number of reviews in our website.
What are some good companies in my area?
- In , Ohio there is:
- Energy Harbor 4.5/5.0 with an avg. plan rate of 7.3¢/kWh.
- Symmetry Energy Solutions 3.9/5.0 with an avg. plan rate of 0¢/kWh.
- Santanna Energy Services 3.5/5.0 with an avg. plan rate of 6.9¢/kWh.
- CleanSky Energy 3.3/5.0 with an avg. plan rate of 9¢/kWh.
- Provision Power & Gas 3.1/5.0 with an avg. plan rate of 11.1¢/kWh.
- Constellation 3/5.0 with an avg. plan rate of 7.6¢/kWh.
- NRG Home 2.5/5.0 with an avg. plan rate of 8.7¢/kWh.
What are some cheap electricity plans in my area?
The most affordable electricity plans in , Ohio are:
- 9 Month Home Power Plan for 9 months starting at 6.4¢/kWh.
- OH Frontier Online Premier-12 for 12 months starting at 7¢/kWh.
- TrueSimple 12 for 12 months starting at 7.2¢/kWh.
- TrueSimple 6 for 6 months starting at 7.3¢/kWh.
- TrueSimple 24 for 24 months starting at 7.4¢/kWh.
How much do electricity plans cost per month?
The monthly bill will vary by season (with the winter and summer seasons being the more expensive periods) and the size of your home. In 2022 in , Ohio, the average electricity plan rate is 7.9¢/kWh. On average, that means
- A small home will use around 500kWh of energy times 7.9¢/kWh totalling $39.5 per month.
- An average-sized home will use around 1000kWh of power times 7.9¢/kWh totalling $79 per month.
- A large home will use around 2000kWh of power times 7.9¢/kWh totalling $158 per month.
You can price electricity plans in your area here.